Thursday, April 30, 2009

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose?

And "working well under pressure" is just another way of saying "I'm a procrastinator". I don't know why I leave things till the last minute. I mean to start right away, finish early and then go do the fun stuff that keeps calling to me. I know that's what I always said to my son: "I don't know why you can't finish your chores first and THEN..." you know, do whatever it was he really wanted to do.

Yes, yes, yes, Kevin! I admit it here and now that you inherited the "Oooh, look! It's so shiny!" syndrome from me -- happy?

So Dayton at Tacoma Art Place had a fabulous idea to invite past 100th Monkey tile artists to do a group show. I thought, geez that's in two months -- plenty of time! Which explains why I'll be grouting my pieces today so I can drop them off tomorrow on my way to Portland for Anne's graduation, but I digress...


...so Dayton at TAP, blah, blah, blah, yada-yada-yada, plenty of time, and they're on my worktable (aka kitchen counter) just waiting for the grout, so I swear I'll make tomorrow's deadline.
Save the date: Third Thursday Artwalk, 5/21, 5:30 to 7:00, Tacoma Art Place, 1116 S. 11th. It's a great place with a great mission, and I hope you'll come and see how you can support them, and see some great local art.

1 comment:

  1. They look great!
    And can you help me remember Third Thursday? I have a shiny pretty syndrome of my own that helps me forget stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete