Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cauliflower, Cabbage Worms and Chili Juice

The holes in the cauliflower leaves can no longer be ignored. For the last few days I've been pulling an average of five cabbage worms a day. Well, pulling isn't exactly the right term. As most of you know I hate bugs (just writing about them I have to pause every few seconds to itch my scalp and arms) and cannot stomach the thought of touching them. So I have a spoon that I use to scoop up the worms and hurl them over the side of the deck. (Bye-bye worms!)

Yesterday after my morning scoop and toss I noticed down in the folds, way down, down in the center of the plant were these bumps. Bumps? Hmm...upon closer examination I saw they were teeny-weeny worms. Okay, time to change plans. I'm using the recipie from the DIY site which is 1/2 cup chili flakes and one pint water, strain the chili flakes and spray on leaves. The treatment calls for two spray sessions two to three days apart, and I hope it helps because as you can see the cauliflower is starting to appear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment