Saturday, April 10, 2010

Gem Faire

When the girls were much younger Paul and I took them to the Gem Faire. Well actually I think we took them a few times, but regardless ever since I've received free passes to their yearly show at the Tacoma Dome. This year I decided to use the pass, and so Friday off I went to the show. It was pretty disappointing actually. Not as much variety as I remembered in years past. A lot of really cheap looking beads, and really expensive jewelry. There was an amazing display of amber (love, love, love amber) by a few dealers, but way out of my budget. I did find some interesting stuff though, and walked away with a strand of red "coral" (resin), two "ivory" (resin) Buddha head beads, a strand of hand made nickel plated beads and brass bugle beads from Ethiopia, and a set of medium and large "coins". I don't have any plans to use them right now so off they go into the "future projects" box.

1 comment: