Monday, March 8, 2010

Day Trip: Southeast Portland

I know, I know, it's been a while since I've written anything, but I have been busy. Let's see, Paul and I have been experimenting cooking with fish, I've learned how to play Texas Hold 'Em, hosted a party at the house, finished the tiles for a public art project that should be installed by the summer, all things I could have blogged about but I didn't so get over it.

It was a beautiful day so we decided to visit Lisa in Portland (and we got to meet her friend Hannah). Lisa is moving with Hannah this summer from N Portland (so close to the NE area which I LOVE) to SE Portland (which I plan to grow to LOVE).

I love Portland for so many reasons: The Tin Shed, Nicholas Restaurant , their Japanese Garden, and Farmers Market, great parks, public transportation, artists' markets, and bike-ability, and now I have a few more favorites to add to the list.


After we dropped off Hannah we went to Lisa's favorite resale shop Rerun on NE Freemonth where I paid a little too much for a ceramic planter and metal bell. We found another shop on SE Division and 34th, Village Merchants on SE Division & 34th . VM had a ton of cute knick-knacks, and they also sold children's linen in the same car pattern Kevin had on his kiddy-bed (awwww).
And where else but in Portland can you get a fabulous meal at a grocery store deli? I am so in love with New Seasons Market. Spendy, yes, but I would love to have one in Tacoma.




Paul discovered an art walk in SE Portland. It was a mixture of value priced street art, to over priced bad art, and artist studio tour where the fantastic art was displayed.

We topped the day off with a great cup of coffee at Random Order Coffeehouse and Bakery. They have an awesome selection of sweet and savory pies that I managed to resist. Another reason for a visit to Portland.

No comments:

Post a Comment