Sunday, March 14, 2010

REI Flagship Store

My feet are in sad shape. Suffice it to say that in my youth I did not heed my doctor's advice and continued to spend all day in high heeled shoes that were great to look at but not great for my feet. Fast forward 20 years and I am now trying to find shoes somewhere between stylish, affordable and orthopedic -- not an easy find let me tell you. A friend recommended Keen shoes which are available at REI but Tacoma's store has a limited supply so off we went today to their flagship store in Seattle. Have you seen that place? Forget about availability of merchandise, the surroundings are fantastic! There's a bike trail if you want to try out your bike, a hiking trail, a waterfall, stone steps -- hard to believe we were in downtown Seattle. Anyway, I found my shoes but I'm more excited to go back and look in their "garage" department for gently used returned merchandise to see if I can find any bargains. And I might pack a picnic lunch too!


No comments:

Post a Comment