Sunday, May 31, 2009

Garden Haircut

I always forget to take the "before" picture until after. I was almost done with the Spinach before I caught myself, so I was able to get a shot of my lettuce before they received their haircuts.


We went to the Proctor Market yesterday, and I just couldn't resist a few purchases to add to our garden. I had promised Paul no more additions but he was a good sport, and agreed to these two. So I am pleased to announce that we are now the proud owners of a Negronne Fig tree and a Mary Washington Asparagus plant. Both of which will grow quite happily in containers according to the lovely man from Calendula -- can't wait!

Tonight Paul wants to barbecue but I'm thinking spinach salad. Hmm...with thin slices of red onion, a few bacon sprinkles, a sliced egg and an herbed goat cheese vinaigrette along with a few slices of River Valley Ranch cheese, and a loaf of french bread from the Upper Crust, yum! And that's what's for dinner tonight folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment